Name:
Location: California, United States

UCLA - B.A. American Studies, CSU EastBay - M.A. Multimedia, International School Of Film and T.V. San Antonio de Los Banos, CUBA - Professional Certificate

Friday, January 12, 2007

A Tech_Novela Ending

On January 4th I worked several hours here at the Liberty Cafe as I prepared for a perfect BREEZE videoconference scheduled for January 6, 1:00 Leon Gto. Mexico time and 11:00 a.m. California Bay Area time.The Cafe is not a cool artsy type of place rather it markets itself as a corporate type environment with great service to match :). Between the hours of 1:00 to 7:00 I experimented with various possible approaches to holding this International videoconference. My fellow geek friend Valerie Landau worked with me from Alameda in California's Bay Area.

So from Leon Gto. Mexico to California's Bay area, our 01010 desperately rushed across borders and their strategic nature of traveling in packs assured that not all got detained. While Valerie stuck true to her MAC Power Book with Broadband Cable connection and Firefox Browser, I went from MAC Power Book Wireless with FireFox to PC High Bandwidth using Explorer browser and finally returning to my MAC pulling the High Bandwidth connection from the PC and connecting it to my MAC with FireFox browser. The MAC to MAC with high speed connections and Firefox browser turned out to be the successful team that we would resource for the real meeting January 6th.

It was about 6:00 p.m. Leon, Gto. Mexico time when I and Valerie could see and hear each other. All I could say was it is so nice to see and hear you. I truly felt as if I had taken a long journey and was sorry to not have that ready to jump in the air energy that I expected to have once I achieved this final moment. Their is a longer article that I hope to publish in some geek magazine where I will provide more spec details etc.

I returned to my family home in Leon where of course I was ready for an affectionate scolding from all concerned family members. They worry not only because I travel alone but, I am not married, a bit too independent and the clock runs out on my childbearing body. Ahhh, I will not digress I came home with only one thing on my mind and that was Lola's son Marino's call. My sister than shook her head and in camaraderie said "sometimes people are not ready for the gift you may wish to offer" Lola was just in no condition to go through with the Videoconference. The following day January 5th, I emailed a cancellation letter to all involved and awaiting to see and hear Lola from Xichu Gto Mexico.

On January 7th I was ready to explore new towns in Mexico. In the spirit of true love for growth and knowledge I brought my two youngest nieces Elda and Natalie along with me.

Special Thanks to Jose Godinez Liberty Cafe employee who was exceptionally collaborative and helpful during my January 4th trial run.

Alma

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alma, I like your description about how the bytes were rushing across the border. Enjoy your vacation! (You are on vacation, right?)

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home