Mi Lindo Guanajuato Mexico 2006-2007
It seems I never get tired of wandering the roads of Guanajuato. Two years ago I made my way to a small town named Xichu. I arrived exactly where the bus driver announced "La casa de Doña Lola!" where the paved road ends and the dirt road begins. The bright salmon colored cottage had two rooms; one completely empty with 3 beds to choose from. Doña Lola was dear to both myself and my mother. She appreciated the company and loved all the details I shared with regards to her now adult children living and working in the Bay area. In December I will return to Lola's blue corn tortillas, cocido de res, the no limits pulque and even the cold showers. I can almost hear the quiet evening sounds throughout the valley of Xichu. The howling dogs, cricket songs and crackling fire will join Doña Lola in her open kitchen beneath the starlit sky. I'll sit near the stove and warm my hands as she stirs hot chocolate and unweaves the stories of when all 7 of her children still lived in her old adobe hut that is now a storage space for animal feed.
Xichu google satellite maps
Almariposa
Xichu google satellite maps
Almariposa

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home